Dr Testa is an applied sociologist of deviance and crime and senior lecturer in Criminology at the University of West London, UK . Dr. Testa has achieved Certified Sociological Practitioner Status (C.S.P.) which is granted by the Association for Applied and Clinical Sociology (AACS) and recognised by the USA Commission on the Accreditation of Programs in Applied and Clinical Sociology (CAPACS) and the American Sociological Association (ASA).
Alberto abides to the Codes of Ethics of the Association for Applied and Clinical Sociology and the American Sociological Association.
The Ethics Codes can be find here
Dr Testa has researched and published widely on football Ultras (Hooliganism) and the Far-right; among his publications there is the book Football Fascism and Fandom which is a highly original and empirically rich study on the inner life-world of Far-right Ultras (Hooligans).
Currently he is engaged in two collaborative research projects:
- Football, Corruption and the Mafia.
- ENABLE: in collaboration with national police forces, aims to prevent and tackle football spectators’ violence (HOOLIGANISM). ENABLE is led by Professor Clifford Stott; Alberto Testa is member of the scientific committee and Director of the ENABLE Italy
- Ultras, Hooliganism violence, prevention and policing
- European Extreme Right:Italian Neo-Fascism , Neo-Nazism Activism
- Italian Society
- Sociology of Sport (deviance /racism/corruption)
- Research Fellow at the Royal United Services Institute for Defence and Security Studies (RUSI); UK independent think tank engaged in cutting edge defence and security research http://shoc.rusi.org/researchers/dr-alberto-testa
- Senior Visiting Research Fellow at the SportComLab- Centre for Research on Sports Communication , Department Of Education Science, at the “Alma Mater Studiorum”-Bologna University (Italy).
- Member of the UK Higher Education Forum for Learning and Development in Policing.
- Associate Editor of the Journal of Qualitative Criminal Justice & Criminology
Latest Research Book
Alberto Testa; Corruption, Mafia Power and Italian Football (Routledge-Nov 2017)
Dr Alberto Testa took to the airwaves again over the weekend in an interview and phone-in with LBC journalist Tom Swarbrick about football hooliganism in the Euro 2016 finals. Watch a small clip from the program
Alberto Testa; THE VOICE OF AMERICA (the official external broadcast institution of the United States Government );Topic: Violence and Neo Nazism at the European Cup in France (June, 2016) Click for the Interview
Alberto Testa; TBS eFM PRIMETIME (National Radio Seoul -South Korea); Topic: Policing the European Football Cup in France (June,2016)