Alberto Testa is a Criminologist and a Far-Right expert. Alberto is currently a Professor of Applied Criminology and a full member of the Association of British Investigators.
Dr.Testa is also a specialist in applied behaviour analysis (deception/credibility), forensic interviewing and cyber intelligence analysis. In all his studies, Dr Testa uses a covert ethnographic approach, so evidence is validated by direct experience from the “field”.
In 2021, for his work on far-right extremism, Alberto was elected Fellow by the Council of the prestigious Royal Anthropological Institute of Great Britain and Ireland.
Widely considered an expert on far-right extremism/terrorism & far-right hooliganism, Alberto is a regular media contributor. He has contributed to a wide range of media including the Washington Post; the New York Times; BBC; LBC RADIO; Sky News; CNN; CBS; the Voice of America and many others.
- Far-right: Terrorism & Policing
- Far-right: Football Hooliganism & Ultras
- Hate crime: Antisemitism & Islamophobia
- Mafia, Camorra, Ndrangheta & Policing
- Sport Criminology: Antisemitism and racism in football
- Sport & politics
Current Research Projects
- White Jihad ,Terrorism and the Far Right in Europe. Forthcoming paper: “The post-Tarrant world”. Justifications for the Christchurch massacre” (2022).
- Through the Magnifying Glass: Mapping Extremism in the Bosnian Football Terraces. (Research supported by the International Organization for Migration -United Nations and funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development -USAID). Forthcoming book: Football and Violent Extremism: An ethnographic study of the Bosnia and Herzegovina Ultras (Routledge- 2023).
- On the streets of “Gomorrah” with the Falchi (Hawks). In this ethnographic work, criminologist Alberto Testa will explain the dangerous world of the “Falchi”, an elite motorcycle unit of the Italian Police which has battled against Italian organised crime since the 1970’s.
- Guest editor for the research collection Sport, radicalisation and violent extremism (Frontiers – 2022)
Latest Media contributions
- Alberto Testa; LBC Radio show with Sangita Myska. Topic: Merseyside riot and Patriotic Alternative (February 2023).
- Alberto Testa; Sunday Post by Stephen Stewart. Topic: Braverman’s claims of migrant invasion (November, 2022).
- Alberto Testa; LBC Radio show with Sangita Myska. Topic: Giorgia Meloni and the Brothers of Italy Far Right party (September, 2022).
- Alberto Testa; SBSNews: To the Extreme what happens. Comment on the “Victoria inquiry report 2022”. A Victorian parliamentary committee report on the far-right in the state of Victoria -Australia (September 2022).
- Alberto Testa; The Washington Post: British white supremacist, initially sentenced to read Austen and Dickens, imprisoned for two years (January 2022).
- Alberto Testa; LBC Radio News. Topic: The Taliban & the Far-Right propaganda (September, 2021). Blog post.
- Alberto Testa; The New York Times. Topic: London Police Officer Convicted of Membership in Neo-Nazi Group (April, 2021).
- Alberto Testa; Politiken (leading Danish daily broadsheet newspaper). Topic: Ultras and Riots in Italy (November, 2020).