Alberto Testa is a Criminologist, a Far-Right expert and author. Alberto is currently a Professor of Applied Criminology and a full member of the Association of British Investigators. He is also a specialist in applied behaviour analysis (deception/credibility), forensic interviewing and cyber intelligence analysis. In 2021, for his work on extremism, Alberto was elected Fellow by the Council of the prestigious Royal Anthropological Institute of Great Britain and Ireland.
Widely considered an expert on Far-Right extremism/terrorism & Far-Right Hooliganism, Alberto is a regular media contributor. He has contributed to a wide range of media including the New York Times, BBC, LBC RADIO, Sky News, CNN, CBS, the Voice of America and many others.
- Far-Right, terrorism and policing
- Far-Right and the organised crime
- Racism – Antisemitism & Islamophobia
- Far-Right Football Hooliganism, Ultras
- Alberto Testa; LBC Radio News: The Taliban & the Far-Right propaganda (September 2021).
- Alberto Testa; The New York Times: London Police Officer Convicted of Membership in Neo-Nazi Group (April, 2021).
- Alberto Testa; Politiken (leading Danish daily broadsheet newspaper): Ultras and Riots in Italy (November, 2020).
- Alberto Testa; Daily Record investigation: Sinister Nazi group hide blades behind stickers in Scotland-wide horror hate campaign (October, 2020).
- Alberto Testa; LBC Radio show with Andrew Castle : Glasgow stabbings & Far-Right propaganda (June, 2020).
- Alberto Testa; SKY NEWS : English Premier League club Burnley’s condemnation of a “White Lives Matter” banner that flew over the Etihad Stadium (June, 2020).
For Media contributions
Mobile n: +44(0)7585448201
Current Research Projects
- Guest editor for the research collection Sport radicalisation and violent extremism for Frontiers. (2022)
- White Jihad ,Terrorism and the Far-Right in Europe
- On the streets of “Gomorrah” with the Falchi (Hawks). In this ethnographic work, criminologist Alberto Testa will explain the dangerous world of the “Falchi”, an elite motorcycle unit of the Italian Police which has battled against Camorra and Mafia since the 1970’s.
- Fellowship of the Royal Anthropological Institute;
- Expert participant at the European Commission Radicalisation Awareness Network(RAN);
- UK representative at the Institute for National and International Security(INIS). INIS is an International think thank for Intelligence, National and International Security, Defense and Counter-Terrorism;
- Senior Visiting Research Fellow at the SportComLab- Centre for Research on Sports Communication, Department Of Education Science, at the “Alma Mater Studiorum”-Bologna University (Italy);
- Co-Editor of the Security Science Journal.