Alberto Testa is a criminologist, a Far Right expert and author. Alberto is currently a Professor of Applied Criminology and a full member of the Association of British Investigators.
Testa is also a specialist in applied behaviour analysis (deception/credibility), forensic interviewing and cyber intelligence analysis. In 2021, for his work on extremism, Alberto was elected Fellow by the Council of the prestigious Royal Anthropological Institute of Great Britain and Ireland.
Widely considered an expert on far right extremism/terrorism & far right hooliganism, Alberto is a regular media contributor. He has contributed to a wide range of media including the Washington Post; the New York Times; BBC; LBC RADIO; Sky News; CNN; CBS; the Voice of America and many others.
- Far Right : radicalisation, de-radicalisation
- Far Right : terrorism & policing
- Far Right : football Hooliganism
- Hate crime – Antisemitism & Islamophobia
- Mafia, Camorra, Ndrangheta & Policing
- Sport Criminology : Antisemitism and racism in football.
Latest Media contributions
- Alberto Testa; The Washington Post: British white supremacist, initially sentenced to read Austen and Dickens, imprisoned for two years (January 2022).
- Alberto Testa; LBC Radio News: The Taliban & the Far-Right propaganda (September 2021).
- Alberto Testa; The New York Times: London Police Officer Convicted of Membership in Neo-Nazi Group (April, 2021).
Current Research Projects
- White Jihad ,Terrorism and the Far Right in Europe. Forthcoming paper: “The post-Tarrant world”. Justifications for the Christchurch massacre” (2022).
- Through the Magnifying Glass: Mapping Extremism in the Bosnian Football Terraces. (Research supported by the International Organization for Migration -United Nations and funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development -USAID). Forthcoming book: Football and Violent Extremism: An ethnographic study of the Bosnia and Herzegovina Ultras (Routledge- 2023).
- On the streets of “Gomorrah” with the Falchi (Hawks). In this ethnographic work, criminologist Alberto Testa will explain the dangerous world of the “Falchi”, an elite motorcycle unit of the Italian Police which has battled against Italian organised crime since the 1970’s.
- Guest editor for the research collection Sport, radicalisation and violent extremism (Frontiers – 2022)
- Expert participant at the European Commission Radicalisation Awareness Network (RAN);
- UK representative at the Institute for National and International Security (INIS). INIS is an International think thank for Intelligence, National and International Security, Defense and Counter-Terrorism;
- Senior Visiting Research Fellow at the SportComLab- Centre for Research on Sports Communication, Department Of Education Science, at the “Alma Mater Studiorum”-Bologna University (Italy);
- Co-Editor of the Security Science Journal.
- Researcher at the Strategic Hub for Organised Crime Research -RUSI