Alberto Testa is a criminologist, an internationally recognised far-right expert focusing also on far-right football hooliganism.
He is a currently a Professor of Applied Criminology, a Certified Forensic Interviewer (CFI-CISA, USA) and Registered Security Consultant (ASC-RISC). He is also a specialist in Applied Behaviour Analysis aiming to detect deception. As a Behavioural Scientist, Alberto Testa is interested in the role that unconscious processes play in individuals’ decisions and (deviant) behaviours.
Alberto Testa specialises in far-right extremism and terrorism & (far-right) hooliganism.
In all his studies, Alberto uses empirical evidence ; so evidence validated by direct experience from the “field”. The aim is to understand the way each groups studied, and individuals belonging to it, see the world. So speaking and interacting with participants is crucial. Albeit this approach is very challenging; it is crucial as it provided in depth and current analyses.
- Far-Right extremism and terrorism
- Hate Crime – Antisemitism & Islamophobia
- (Far Right) Football Hooliganism , Ultras
- Corruption (Italy)
- Mafia- Football, Islamophobia, Antisemitism and Racism in Football
Memberships of Professional Bodies
- The American Society of Criminology- Divisions: Bio-Psychosocial Criminology; Terrorism & Bias Crime;
- The Association of Security Consultants (ASC-UK): Full member and Registered Security Consultant (RISC):
- The Chartered Management Institute; Fellow- FCMI (Senior Manager);
- The International Neuropsychoanalysis Society;
- The Social Psychology Network;
- MAXQDA Research Network.
Current Research Projects
An Ethnography of Online far-right extremism
White Jihad ,Terrorism and the far-right in Europe
Through the Magnifying Glass: Mapping Extremism in the Bosnian Football Terraces. This research will contribute to the Bosnia & Herzegovina Resilience Initiative (BHRI) Programme (implemented by the International Organization for Migration -United Nations, funded and closely coordinated with the U.S. Agency for International Development -USAID) aiming to reduce the threat of violent extremism in BiH and to counter extremist efforts to deepen or exploit communal tensions.
Countering the far-right extremism: Exploring the perspective of religious communities and community organisations in the UK. This study investigates how the UK faith communities perceive the rise of Far-Right extremism and what should be the UK government strategic/policy response. Project led by Mr. Jaffer A.Mirza and funded by the Centre for Academic Shia Studies- Al Khoei Foundation.
- Expert participant at the European Commission Radicalisation Awareness Network (RAN);
- UK representative at the Institute for National and International Security (INIS). INIS is an International think thank for Intelligence, National and International Security, Defense and Counter-Terrorism;
- Senior Visiting Research Fellow at the SportComLab- Centre for Research on Sports Communication , Department Of Education Science, at the “Alma Mater Studiorum”-Bologna University (Italy);
- Associate Editor of the Journal of Qualitative Criminal Justice & Criminology.